- MonSep30 Live Scan
- MonSep30 Research Questions Completed
- MonSep30 Mentor Welcome Breakfast 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM
- TueOct01 Research Questions Completed
- WedOct02 Research Questions Completed
- ThuOct03 Research Questions Completed
- FriOct04 Research Questions Completed
- MonNov04 Project Proposals Completed
- TueNov05 Project Proposals Completed
- WedNov06 Project Proposals Completed
- ThuNov07 Project Proposals Completed
- FriNov08 Project Proposals Completed
- MonDec09 Research Design Completed
- TueDec10 Research Design Completed
- WedDec11 Research Design Completed
- ThuDec12 Research Design Completed
- FriDec13 Research Design Completed
AUTHENTIC LEARNING IS AN EDUCATIONAL APPROACH IN WHICH STUDENTS EXPLORE, DISCUSS, AND MEANINGFULLY CONSTRUCT CONCEPTS AND RELATIONSHIPS THAT INVOLVE REAL-WORLD PROBLEMS AND PROJECTS THAT ARE RELEVANT TO THE LEARNER
Inspired by Palo Alto Unified School District's highly successful Advanced Authentic Research program, LBHS launched its AER course as part of the "Future Self" fundraising campaign in 2019.
The Future Self Project is a multi-year program that encourages students to learn by pursuing their interests and using their strengths, all the way from elementary school to high school, culminating in the AER capstone course.
To better understand the potential of the Future Self Project, please take a look at this fundraising video.